Punchline

Counter

"Light's Out"

"Leave A Msg" - Paradoxx: The Rhapsodist

"Light's Out" feat Mazon

Sunday, December 27, 2009

The secret to opening a jar....

So i'm sitting at the computer and my grandmom asks me if I knew the secret to opening a jar. Me being so literal, I stop what I was watching, took my headphones off and took a couple of seconds to observe the jar of pasta sauce. I chuckled as I began to ask her " you said the secret to opening the jar, right?". She responded with a nod and I answered her " the secret of opening a jar is to break it, now closing the jar is a whole nother story!, and that's not my department." She immediately began to laugh and when she finally stopped she said " you have officially given me my laugh of the day" and continued to prepare dinner. As I turned back to the computer laughing to myself I felt proud. You might ask why? I feel proud because as a struggling college student, Xmas has become the time of the year where i feel foolish for asking for presents because i'm old enough to provide means for my own desires, but since i don't have a steady paying job making that reality for myself and others is a bit difficult as you can imagine, however it gets deeper. After a short silence she asks me if i minded her sharing that moment with some friends, and of course I say yes. It didn't dawn on me until I began to continue my youtubing that this will probably stay in her heart and memories more than anything I could buy her.... I made her smile for free.... So I say all that to say if we made each other smile and laugh once a day, life would be a little better, as for me, i'm greatfull that I could do that for her...



.

No comments: